Susan's Committee Assignments
District 4 Supervisor Susan Ellenberg currently serves as Chair of the Public Safety and Justice Committee and Vice-Chair of the Finance and Government Operations Committee. Calendars with scheduled committee meetings, agendas for the meetings, as well as video are available at the links below.
Public Safety and Justice Committee - Chair
Public Safety and Justice Committee is responsible for oversight of the criminal justice system. A key area of focus is preserving the non-custodial treatment options brought about by the implementation of the voter-approved referendum mandating drug treatment instead of incarceration for non-violent drug crimes. Another key areas is the statutory relationship between the Department of Correction and the Office of the Sheriff. This committee also provides a venue for discussion of matters related to the court system. This committee reviews budget recommendations relating to the Criminal justice departments including the Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of the Sheriff, Probation Department, Department of Correction, Pretrial Services, Medical Examiner-Coroner.
Finance and Government Operations Committee, Vice Chair
The Finance and Government Operations Committee (FGOC) provides oversight and direction in areas of Finance, Budget, Technology and Capital Projects. The FGOC reviews the budget process and continuously works toward a more transparent budget, and also focuses on identifying cost-saving recommendations.
Supervisor Ellenberg and Board President Ellenberg also serves on the following:
- Association of Bay Area Governments, Executive Board – Executive Committee Member
- California State Association of Counties, Board of Directors – Executive Committee Member
- County Library District Joint Powers Authority – Delegate
- First 5 Santa Clara County – Delegate
- Joint Committee on Child Care – Delegate
- Joint Venture Silicon Valley – Co-Chair
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council – Delegate
- Local Agency Formation Commission – Delegate; Commission Chairperson
- National Association of Counties – Delegate
- Santa Clara County Emergency Operational Area Council – Alternate
- Santa Clara County Youth Task Force – Liaison
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority – Delegate
- Strong Start Leadership Team – Delegate
- Unhoused Task Force – Member
- Urban Counties Caucus – Delegate
- Valley Medical Center Foundation – Liaison